Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Brown Winter Hat

I made this hat for my boyfriend, Jeff. It was only my second project so I used a pretty simple pattern (click here). It only took me about 5 hours it complete beginning to end.



It didn't turn out too bad. The only complaint I have, is that I decreased it a little bit too slow at the top, so it kind of has a bit of a nipple happening. LOL. It disapears when you put the hat on. I had knitted it all on one needle as per the pattern, I'm unsure of whether that made it more difficult or not. I had to line up all the stitches when I bound it together. Sigh, it's made with love and thats the most important part.

3 comments:

Anny said...

Hi! I'm a new blogger as well (www.annypurls.blogpot.com) and also just joined letter Zed. Your hat looks great. I've been knitting little baby things for a couple of years but for some reason never made a hat that turned out right! I know what you mean about the cardigan #4 from Vogue knitting. It also compelled me to want to try knitting an adult sized garment (never attempted that before). It looks pretty easy (just time consuming). I bought the yarn and am planning on knitting it for Christmas.

Cheers!
A.

sWilson said...

Yeah I'm curious to know how much it's going to cost me to actually knit it, but *sighs* I long for it! But the good thing about knitting is that you can take it appart if it doesn't turn out okay, and start it again!

Samantha said...

The hat looks great! :)